Lisa Rousseau tagged me in the non-semantic way with the 8 things you didn’t know about me meme (hey, that’s me three times…) and after agonizing on and off about who else to tag, I’m going to write my list of 8 things that you probably didn’t know about me.
1. The first film festival film I ever attended was in Montreal in 1986 when I saw the world premiere of Blue Velvet. It was a last minute decision to see the film with a friend and David Lynch and Dino de Laurentiis presented the film and after the film I saw Pierre Trudeau, who was in the audience.
2. I’ve shaken the hand of three Prime Ministers of Canada - Brian Mulroney (before he was PM), Joe Clark (after he was PM), and Kim Campbell (after she was PM).
3. My earliest memory is of watching the landing of Apollo 11 when I was about 3 1/2 years old.
4. In the 1980s I saw Apollo 15 astronaut James Irwin speak in Fredericton.
5. I have a scar on the back on my right leg from a non-malignant cyst that was removed from behind my knee.
6. I was the first Macromedia Authorized Flash Trainer in Canada in 1997.
7. The first email that I sent was via a computer terminal in 1989.
8. While I’m an extrovert, I can be very shy at social events.
To change things a bit since I’m agonizing over who to tag, I’m going to add a goal to 43 Things to get 8 people to share 8 things that I (probably) didn’t know about them since it’s a wonderful community filled with interesting people.